Release day! It’s finally here!
For the past seven days you’ve been like this on the outside:
While on the inside:
It’s coming. It’s coming. It’s cooooooming!!
But now it’s here. You’ve set the day up right.
- Take day off work. CHECK
- Wake up at 11:50 p.m. CHECK
- Grab Kindle. CHECK
- Sneak past husband, children, and the dog. CHECK
- Find the quietest spot in the house to hide. CHECK
- Bring a blanket, water, and on-the-go food. CHECK
- Temporarily erase Facebook app so you don’t accidentally get any spoiler notifications from the fan groups. CHECK
- Anxiously and repeatedly hit the SYNC button on your Kindle until the book shows up. CHECK
- Begin reading. CHECK
- Five and a half hours, two bathroom breaks, one putting-the-book-down-and-hiding-in-the-closet-because-family-came-to-look-for-you later, you’re done.
- You close the book.
- Stare around the room.
- What is this feeling? It’s like you’ve lost your best friend.
- . . . You rub your tired, dry eyes. Take that last sip of water. Hug the Kindle to your chest. Take a deep breath. Nod. Tap the screen and begin re-reading. CHECK.