Just finished re-reading Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined. And I have to say again that I love this book soooo much more than Twilight.
Team Edythe and Beau ALL THE WAY.
But there’s one nagging issue that always crops up while I read: Poor Julie Black will not be able to have her Imprinted HEA because Beau and Edythe are unable to have children . . . It’s very sad. Anyone else think about this when they read Life and Death?
Scrolling through all the covers of the books I’ve read, makes me just as happy as seeing a well stocked bookcase!
I read 77 more books in 2017 than in 2016.
How about you?
How was your Read Shelf in 2017? Are you entering any reading challenges this year?
I found a new author. And she has a 10+ backlist!!
Release day! It’s finally here!
For the past seven days you’ve been like this on the outside:
Calm. Cool. Collected.
While on the inside:
It’s coming. It’s coming. It’s cooooooming!!
But now it’s here. You’ve set the day up right.
- Take day off work. CHECK
- Wake up at 11:50 p.m. CHECK
- Grab Kindle. CHECK
- Sneak past husband, children, and the dog. CHECK
- Find the quietest spot in the house to hide. CHECK
- Bring a blanket, water, and on-the-go food. CHECK
- Temporarily erase Facebook app so you don’t accidentally get any spoiler notifications from the fan groups. CHECK
- Anxiously and repeatedly hit the SYNC button on your Kindle until the book shows up. CHECK
- Begin reading. CHECK
- Five and a half hours, two bathroom breaks, one putting-the-book-down-and-hiding-in-the-closet-because-family-came-to-look-for-you later, you’re done.
- You close the book.
- Stare around the room.
- What is this feeling? It’s like you’ve lost your best friend.
- . . . You rub your tired, dry eyes. Take that last sip of water. Hug the Kindle to your chest. Take a deep breath. Nod. Tap the screen and begin re-reading. CHECK.
WHEN YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR FINALLY RELEASED THE RELEASE DATE OF THE NEXT BOOK IN HER SERIES. THE ONE YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOOOOOOREVER. AND YOU CAN’T STOP TALKING IN THIS WEIRD, HIGH-PITCHED, OH-MY-GOD-THIS-IS-FINALLY-HAPPENING VOICE (OR WRITING IN ALL SHOUTY-CAPS) BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST THAT EXCITED.
*GIGGLE* I’M SO EXCITED. *SPOKEN IN A SHOUTY-WHISPER*
When you love a novel so much you have to buy the paperback version, too.
Only a great storyteller can make readers so invested and completely swept away that grammar and punctuation mistakes don’t even register.